RSCC has the broadest irradiation capability in the industry. Irradiated cables “cured” or cross-linked through radiation processes provide superior properties and have better manufacturing consistency than cables manufactured with older continuous vulcanization chemical/heat treat methods.
Proprietary, cross-linkable insulating materials gives the RSCC Exane® product line a unique blend of electrical and mechanical characteristics unmatched in the wire and cable industry including:
- Impact and Abrasion Resistant
- Highly Flame Retardant (VW-1, IEEE-383, IEEE1202, FT-4, IEC 332-3 Cat. A)
- Excellent Moisture Resistance
- Superior Oil and Chemical Resistance
- Superior Abrasion, Crush & High Temperature Cut Thru Resistance
- Resistant to Oilfield Drilling Muds
- High Dielectric Strength-Electrical Performance
RSCC's proprietary 90°C FR-XLPE (flame retardant cross-linked polyethylene) insulation system provides a superior balance of physical, chemical, and electrical properties that the industry has come to rely on. With a continuous conductor temperature rating of 90°C for 60 years; this insulation is ideal for most power, control and instrumentation circuits within nuclear plants environments.
RSCC has designed insulation and jacketing systems guaranteed to survive in a nuclear environment for 40 years without defect. The Nuclear Regulatory Commission then tasked RSCC to push these systems to 60 year life and RSCC responded with cables tested and proven to meet this stringent requirement.