Marmon Wire & Cable LLC Forms RSCC Wire & Cable Group
East Granby, CT
Marmon Wire & Cable LLC (Chicago, IL) has announced formation of the RSCC Wire & Cable Group, which will support Marmon’s growth in the oil and gas, industrial and nuclear utility markets.
The RSCC Wire & Cable Group will include Rockbestos-Surprenant Cable Corporation (East Granby, CT), the leading supplier of specialty engineered wire and cable, PMC Wire & Cable, (Manchester, NH) a leading supplier of thermocouple and military airframe wiring, and recent acquisition TE Wire & Cable (Saddle Brook, NJ), a leading supplier of thermocouple wiring and specialty cable assemblies.
Fred Schwelm has been named President of the RSCC Wire & Cable Group. As president of Rockbestos-Surprenant for the past 14 years, Mr. Schwelm has successfully grown the company to its present position as the leading supplier of engineered cable solutions to the nuclear, industrial, transit and petrochemical industries. Mr. Schwelm has also been responsible for the 1999 acquisition of PMC and the July 2007 acquisition of TE Wire & Cable. In this new position,
Mr. Schwelm will report to Henry West, President of Marmon Wire & Cable LLC.
Reporting to Mr. Schwelm will be:
• Gary Gagnon as Vice President, Finance for the RSCC Wire & Cable Group. Mr. Gagnon joined RSCC in 1997 and has been the Vice President of Finance for Rockbestos-Surprenant Cable Corporation during that time. In a related appointment, Sue McGurn has been promoted to Controller, Rockbestos-Surprenant. Ms. McGurn was most recently Assistant Controller and has been with the company for 16 years. She will report to Mr. Gagnon.
• Dennis Chalk has been promoted to President, Rockbestos-Surprenant Cable Corporation. A veteran of 34 years in the wire and cable industry, Mr. Chalk will be responsible for all of the business units and facilities in East Granby, CT and Houston, TX.
• Nick Carver has been appointed President, Marmon Wire & Cable (Europe) LTD. He will focus on the growth of RSCC and Marmon Wire & Cable in Europe and the Middle East.
• Tim Grass has been promoted to President, PMC Wire & Cable. Mr. Grass joined PMC in 2006 and has led the development of that company into a leading supplier of thermocouple and military airframe products.
• Raymond Sobieski, President of TE Wire & Cable. Mr. Sobieski has led TE Wire & Cable for the past three years and has positioned the company as a leading supplier of thermocouple wire and specialty cable assemblies.
With 13 business units, Marmon Wire & Cable is one of North America’s leading manufacturers of engineered wire and cable products. Marmon Wire & Cable companies are members of The Marmon Group, an international association of more than 125 business units that operate independently within diverse business sectors. Member companies have collective revenues of $7 billion.
For further information on this press release please contact:
RSCC Marketing & Communications Manager